Thursday 1 August 2013

C is for Crab

One of my earliest memories is of my Dad cooking crab, on a little stove, in a seaside caravan.
I think that's why I love it so much.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get fresh crab meat for this dish - I found a tub of it in the chiller cabinet and thought it would be better than canned, but it was a little disappointing.
Thanks to a fabulous dressing though, the salad was still tasty.


If you see some fresh crab this is definitely worth making. It's low fat, low cal and very quick to make. 
The recipe is in the Good Food Mag (August), but doesn't seem to have made it to the website yet.
It's basically crab, rice noodles, courgette, cucumber, spring onions, coriander and mint.
I tweaked the dressing a little and it was delicious.

Dressing
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
2tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp soft brown sugar
juice and zest of 1 lime