Saturday 17 August 2013

Experimental Thursdays

Thursday's tea can be an interesting affair. What I've planned to cook usually goes out the window, as I try and use up whatever is lurking at the bottom of the fridge.
It can be a bit hit and miss ;-)

Last Thursday was a big hit. 
This puff pastry tart was delicious and it's something I will definitely make again. 
It would be a great thing to throw together when you have unexpected visitors.


All you need is the puff pastry sheet and you can make a filling out of just about anything.

I covered my pastry base with some black pepper Boursin cheese, leaving a 2cm border all the way round.
Then, I fried some onion and diced pancetta and cooked my broccoli, and scattered everything on top of the cheese.
I finished by grating some cheddar over the top (about 100g) and brushing the pastry border with a little beated egg.

Who knew broccoli could taste so good!   :-)
Cook for about 15mins in a pre-heated oven - 220C / 200 Fan, until the pastry is risen and cooked through and the cheese has melted.