Saturday 18 May 2013

Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Cheesecake

I can't believe, that a couple of weeks ago, we were sitting outside, having our first BBQ, 
and enjoying some sunshine.
This weekend, instead of spring tarts and salads, I am back to making warming stews and rich hotpots.

Here's a dessert I made last week, which is great whatever the weather :-)



Ha! I know it looks like the cheesecake is sitting on a cork board, 
but I can assure you they are crumbled, chocolate digestives :-)
This was a really nice dessert and had a much stronger banana taste than I expected.
I covered mine with nestle caramel and then scattered on some peanuts, for extra crunch. 
 
Recipe notes.
I skipped the bit about freezing the bananas, as the ones I had were very ripe to start with. 
To serve the cheesecake you are supposed to take it out of the freezer for 20mins - don't leave it too much longer than that, or the banana in it will start to turn black. 
If you cut it into slices, then you can just take out as many as you need.